Stakeholder Management Training
Stakeholder management is a critical component to the successful delivery of any project, programme, business relationship or activity. A stakeholder is any individual, group or organization that can affect, be affected by, or perceive itself to be affected by a programme.
Effective Stakeholder Management creates positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives. Stakeholder management is a process and control that must be planned and guided by underlying principles
- Identify Stakeholders – identify by name and title the people, groups, and organizations that have significant influence on Initiative direction and its success or who are significantly impacted by the change
- Plan Stakeholder Management – identify the strategies and mechanisms that will be used to achieve the greatest support of stakeholders and minimize resistance.
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement – outlines the processes and steps that will be undertaken to carry out the planned strategies.
- Control Stakeholder Engagement – describes the methods that will be used to monitor stakeholder engagement and alert the project team if problems are surfacing.
Module 1: Stakeholder Identification
- Major stakeholders
- Other interested stakeholders
- Practical exercise to identify stakeholders for a chosen initiative
Module 2: Prioritizing Stakeholders
- High power, interested people.
- High power, less interested people.
- Low power, interested people.
- Low power, less interested people.
Module 3: Understanding your Stakeholders
- Investigate current position
- Practical exercise
- Agree on the required end result required by stakeholders
- Results to achieve and success indicators
- Results not required
- Results to avoid
- Practical exercise
Module 4: Stakeholder Engagement
- Operate with an awareness of human feelings
- Plan it
- Be empathetic. Listen to the stakeholders
- Manage risk
- Understand the meaning of success
- Take responsibility.
Module 5: Prepare Stakeholder Plan
- Practical Exercise
*Number of days can be customised and adjusted for in-house programmes.*
- The course is offered in-house and can be custom made to include specific examples and exercises based on the organisation’s activities.
- The course is wholly interactive combining theory with role play, team exercises and group interaction.
- Evaluation happens through participation and group discussion
Who should attend:
- Project Managers
- Change managers
- Outsource contractors
- Client Facing Individuals
- Client Relationship Officers/Managers
Contact us for more Information or to Book Training